Saturday, November 11, 2023

Why Did Rebecca Tell Jacob to Deceive Isaac? (Toldot)

Rebecca was a reincarnation of Eve, and Jacob, her son, was a reincarnation of Adam. Now, the two, Adam and Eve, meet again. In this new situation, Rebecca tells Jacob not to worry about deceiving Isaac. If he curses you, the "curse is on me."

She says, before, when I was Eve, I was the reason for your curse. Now, I will help you remove the curse. Before, you were cursed because you "listened to your wife's voice." Now, just the opposite, you have to listen to me, but this time for the right reason.

Further, before, you made a mistake connected to food. Now, you are doing to correct that mistake, also with food. You will feed it to Isaac so that he blesses you. 

Original Adam's clothing fell into the hands of Nimrod and later into the hands of Esau. Esau stored it with Rebecca. Now, she gave them back to Jacob. That is why Isaac smelled Paradise in them when he said, "The smell of my son is like that of God's field."

Art: Isaac Blesses Jacob by Govert Flinck


No comments:

Post a Comment